Saturday, August 6, 2016

Sunshine for my sister!

My sister looooooves sunshine.  We recently went to the beach and she yelled every time the sun went behind a cloud!  Understandably, she also loves sunflowers.  I used to pick up a bunch for her when I went to the farmer's market, but now we live in different states so that doesn't work.  Since today is her birthday and I'm really missing her, I brightened up my morning by making this card (Mere, are you reading this?  Surprise!). 

While cleaning out an old desk the other day I found a whole box of heavyweight ivory card stock left over from hubby & my wedding stationary.  Score!!!  I suddenly find myself using it for every card.  So that's what I used for this base.  I broke out my new PTI Simple Sunflower Mini set and stamped it up with PTI's Summer Sunrise and New Leaf inks, as well as Distress ink in Vintage Photo.  I arranged them over a piece of brown card stock, which I in turn laid over a piece of PTI's Summer Sunrise card stock that I had embossed with my Darice Dot folder.  To finish it up I pulled out my New Leaf card stock and die cut the hello sentiment from PTI's Bloomin Cute Sentiments, and then added some May Arts brown and white gingham ribbon.  Do you love the little bow?!  I learned how to make them here!  Adorable, no?!  I love to put them on baby shower/baby arrival cards.  Try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment