Sunday, November 5, 2017

We Love You Dawn! Blog Hop

Yesterday Papertrey Ink posted a blog hop in honor of one of their designers Dawn, who is currently in the hospital recovering from surgery.  Though relatively new to card making, I have followed Papertrey Ink from the beginning and Dawn is one of my favorite designers!  Her story is amazing; her faith and joy more so!  So today I wanted to jump in and make a card for her in the hopes that it will encourage and inspire her as her work has done for me!



I started by pulling out two of Dawn's sets: A Cheerful Heart and Enclosed: Heart.  I stamped the tiny floral image from Enclosed on a trimmed panel of white card stock.  Then I stamped the verse from A Cheerful Heart on a panel of Aqua Mist card stock.  I used Dawn's To The Point: Edgers Dies to finish the edges of the Aqua mist panel, as well as one of Raspberry Fizz.  I layered the three panels together atop a Raspberry Fizz base.  For embellishment, I die cut two of the floral images and popped them up with adhesive next to the verse, and heat embossed black centers to all the flowers.  Get well soon Dawn!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love this pretty design, Elizabeth! The colors and flowers are just perfect for Dawn!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to love here: the raspberry, aqua, black, and white colors - the encouraging sentiment - the stamped flower pattern and the die cut flower accents - the scalloped edger detail - all very lovely! Dawn will surely enjoy your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and I love how you made your own background paper!

    ReplyDelete