Saturday, July 2, 2016

Ribbon Card #2

Aqua is my new favorite color.  It is so bright and cheerful and summery!  Summer always makes me think of my sister, who lives in upstate New York but loves bright warm sunshine.  She just finished some summer classes, and I'm so excited and proud of her for working hard!  My inspiration came from this card by lisaadd on the Split Coast Stampers blog.  I love the simplicity!


For mine, I die cut the 1 1/2" and 1 1/4" scalloped circle dies from my Sizzix Card/Circle Flip-Its in navy and aqua card stock, respectively.  Then I white heat embossed the flower image from Paper Smooches' Needle Little Love set.  I attached the flowers to May Arts 5/8" Turquoise Sheer Ribbon with a Ruffled Edge, which I thought played nicely with the scalloped circles and round petals of the flower!  The ribbon wrapped around white card stock embossed using the Darice Dot folder, and was layered on aqua card stock and a navy card base.  Love the brightness and the beach thoughts it inspires!

No comments:

Post a Comment