Tuesday, July 12, 2016

PTI's Create Along With Us: July 2016



Reaching For The Stars CardThere are soooo many stamps and dies in this months' release that I am excited about!  One is the Galaxy Background, and I love love love this card by Lizzie Jones!  I used to live out in the country in northern New York, and on clear nights we could see the Milky Way.  This reminds me of those nights!  I have been using Star Scribbles to make a few cards lately, so it was a natural jump to make my own version. 

I blended Distress Ink in Wilted Violet, Salty Ocean, and Black Soot (why oh why don't I have Chipped Sapphire?!) onto my Ranger Watercolor card stock until I had the shading the way I wanted, spritzed it with my Perfect Pearls mister, and then stamped individual stars from Star Scribbles several times at the top.  I embossed them with silver glitter so they could sparkle in the night sky!  To remind me of nights standing in our field gazing up at the sky, I added blades of grass from Daydreamer, stamped in Black Soot, to the bottom.  I finished it off with a white embossed sentiment from Daydreamer and layered it over white and navy card stock.  Sweet summer dreams!




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Elizabeth! Your blended background is just lovely with your sparkly stars, and I absolutely love the grass at the bottom! A fabulous case of Lizzie's card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete