Saturday, October 8, 2016

Apparently Unicorns Make Me Happy?!



Who knew?  I was looking for an idea for my niece's upcoming 2nd birthday, and decided a unicorn was an appropriate image for her card.  Now I kind of want to add unicorns to a lot of cards?
 
I started with this sketch recipe from Papertrey Ink, but was also inspired by this card that I originally found on Pinterest.  I love how Erin Taylor made an exploding star above the unicorn!  

Using Paper Smooches' Spectrum set I stamped, colored, and fussy cut the unicorn image.  For the stars I die cut two different sizes in aqua and pink cardstock, then stamped a star from Paper Smooches' A Blessed Christmas and embossed it in silver, along with the Happy Birthday Sentiment from PTI's Botanical Blocks.  A strip of patterned paper on the side finished it off!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment