Saturday, October 8, 2016

CAS Girl

As my fabulous SIL teaches me more and more about cardmaking, I have learned that there are different styles to cards.  My favorite, I think, is known as CAS--Clean and Simple.  Today I was searching for some CAS inspiration for an anniversary card.  Hubby and I are coming up on 5 years together and I was reminiscing about the beautiful fall day we got married!  I found this sketch recipe from PTI's March 2014 release, and was sold!  I knew it would work for the autumn leaf images I wanted to use. 

 
I stamped the smaller of the maple leaves from PTI's Leaf Prints using Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, and Fired Brick Distress Inks, and added a leaf image from PTI's Turning a New Leaf in Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I embossed all the images in clear, and added a popped up sentiment strip to finish it.  Hope hubby likes it...glad he doesn't read my blog ;) 

I also decided that CAS can stand for Cute Anniversary Salutations :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment