Sunday, October 9, 2016

Halloween

A rainy, windy weekend courtesy of the outer reaches of Hurricane Matthew has definitely ushered in fall weather here in western Virginia.  Hooray for pumpkin season!!!  It's the perfect moment to take on the Monday Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp.  This weeks' challenge is "Halloween" and I couldn't wait to use my new Lawn Fawn Trick or Treat set!

For the background, I was inspired by this night sky photo.  God is truly an artist!  For my
background, I started by blending Distress Inks and then dry embossing the tree.  To add some spooky dimension I wet embossed the tree and the bat stamp.  Pumpkins had to be included, of course, and turning them into Jack O' Lanterns made them even cuter!  The sentiment finished it off.  Enjoy all the treats of fall! 

Ink: Distress Inks Black Soot, Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves, Chipped Sapphire, Picked Raspberry, and Spiced Marmalade
Dry Emboss: Darice Leafy Tree Trunk
Wet Emboss: Ranger Emboss It Pen in black, Tsukineko Clear Powder
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Trick or Treat, PTI Tag-its #7.
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You did an amazing job on this card! What a treat to see how your card was inspired by the gorgeous photo you included. And yes- your blending skills on the background were perfect! I love how it gets lighter toward the pumpkins and how you introduce a whole new color palette. This is stunning and adorable and it made me smile! Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete